IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
The benefits given to you under this Warranty are additional to, and do not detract from, other rights and remedies that you may have under Australian law, including consumer protection laws. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
• Is not intended to change or exclude any statutory or consumer rights that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded;
• Is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which it carries sole responsibility; and
• Does not affect your rights against the seller, including any mandatory statutory rights you may have against the
seller under local consumer laws.
This Warranty is provided by:
Valvoline (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Valvoline”)
ABN: 86 000 446 855
Address: Level 6, 2 Burbank Place, Baulkham Hills, NSW, 2153, Australia
Telephone: 02 8603 2300
Technical Hotline: 1800 804 658
This Warranty applies to VALVOLINE oil filter products (“products”) supplied in new condition and original packaging and commences at the time of installation of the product. The Warranty Period continues for the duration of the recommended service interval for the product specified by the manufacturer of the vehicle in which it is installed, as set out in the Owner’s Manual for that vehicle.
If, during the Warranty Period:
a. the product is found to be defective, Valvoline will replace the defective product; and
b. a vehicle’s engine is damaged as a result of a proven product defect, Valvoline will at its election restore, or pay to restore, the engine to the condition of the engine without the relevant damage.
A replacement filter will be provided by Valvoline for use while the Warranty claim is being evaluated.
Note: Any replacement product provided in connection with this Warranty will have the benefit of the full Warranty Period,
which will commence at the time of installation of the replacement product.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This Warranty does not cover:
• Used products;
• Normal wear and tear of the product or engine;
• Fire or accident involving the vehicle in which the product is installed;
• Any damage to the product or engine resulting from abnormal use, lack of care, negligence, accidents, incorrect use or misuse of the product, unauthorised modification of the product or non-observance of the use directions provided by Valvoline or its authorised representative;
• Damage caused directly or indirectly by poor or improper installation of any product or by installation that is not in accordance with the vehicle, engine or OEM recommendations;
• Products that have been installed in any vehicle or vehicle engine that has been modified from the original equipment specifications;
• Damage caused by environmental factors (such as airborne fallout, chemicals, tree sap, salt, ocean spray and road hazards) or other natural events (such as hail storms, wind storms, tornadoes, cyclones, sand storms, lightning, floods and earthquakes); or
• Except as expressly provided in this Warranty, indirect or consequential damages of any kind resulting from the
use, non-functioning or defects of the product, including inconvenience and the loss of use of any vehicle.
Note: While this Warranty does not cover loss or damage of the kind described above, you may have rights under the
Australian Consumer Law in respect of such loss or damage in some circumstances.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THIS WARRANTY
To make a Warranty claim, please follow the procedure set out below:
1. Contact your Valvoline Representative and/or service provider where the product was installed as soon as you become aware of the defect.
2. A Valvoline Representative will request details to complete a “Product Enquiry Form”. This form includes a description of the fault, vehicle application details and any other information deemed important to assist in the Warranty claim.
3. A Valvoline Representative will request return of product in question. Valvoline may, at its option, require you to return the product, or arrange for collection of the product. The reasonable costs associated with such return or collection will be borne by Valvoline.
4. Failure to provide:
(a) the product for testing purposes; or
(b) proof of purchase of the product, will void any Warranty claim.
5. A replacement filter will be provided for your use while the Warranty claim is being assessed.
6. If you claim to have suffered engine damage as a result of a product defect, Valvoline will arrange for an employee or agent of Valvoline to inspect the vehicle at its expense. Valvoline will organise for the inspection to be carried out as soon as possible, and no more than 18 days after being informed of the engine damage claim.
7. Within 30 days of its receipt of a product for assessment under this Warranty, or inspection of a vehicle for engine damage claimed under this Warranty, Valvoline will assess and determine if the relevant product or damage is covered under this Warranty.
8. Valvoline may in some instances be required to send the product overseas for further assessment. The response periods outlined in this Warranty procedure will need to be extended in these instances.
9. Valvoline will use its best efforts to provide a formal written response to you of the result of the Warranty claim within 7 days of determination of the claim.
No person other than Valvoline, including the person who sells this product to you, is authorised to make any modification, extension or addition to this Warranty. Valvoline provides no warranty against defects beyond the rights and remedies given under this Warranty and those which are available under the Australian Consumer Law.